Durango Bluegrass Meltdown Band Contest
- 10 bands will participate.
- The entry fee is $25 per band to be paid at the event and all band members must purchase weekend passes or Saturday pass to compete. If a band moves on to the next round they will be comped free Sunday passes.
- Every band will give a single mic performance with a DI available for the bass.
- No drums, percussion, or electric will be allowed to participate.
- All bands must consist of no less than 3 members and no more than 6.
- All Bands in the contest may have no common members including festival performers.
- Alternate bands will be considered if there is a cancellation
- Registration is first-come, first-served.
Preliminary round: Saturday, 3-5 pm, at the Elks Lodge
- 10 bands will have a set of three songs.
- There is a time limit of 10 minutes for the set and there is no time limit for individual songs
- Each set should consist of one instrumental song, one fast song with vocals and one slow song with vocals.
Finals round: Sunday morning Henry Strater Theatre, 10 am – 11 am
- Three bands will be selected for the final round.
- The same rules apply from the preliminary round to the final round with no repeats
There will be a panel of 3 judges that will score using the following scoring structure.
- Stage presence (10%)
- Material selection/originality (30%)
- Instrumentation skills (30%)
- Vocal performance (30%)
- Song time (go over, lose points)
- Keep in mind, this is a traditional Bluegrass festival
- All scoring will be confidential, so the band will not know which judge gave them which score.
- Main stage set for the following Meltdown
- 8 hours recording time at Scooter’s Place in Durango, CO
- $500 w/ reimbursed passes